Thursday, April 11, 2013

30 CRISIS



When I turned 30 a few years back, I woke up, threw a party, got drunk and still felt like I was 29 the next day. Or 24 even. 
I never really thought that turning 30 could be life-changing. Besides, age is just a number, right?
Wrong!
After the dust of 20-somethingness settles, whether we like it or not, we'd start to feel changes. 
Changes in lifestyle. 
Changes in priorities. 
Changes in points-of-view. 
All organically developing, without you realizing.


When that happens, we should be ready. 
I wasn't. 
I woke up one day and reality bit me. 
I, suddenly, am 34.
Those cut-off Band shirts I wear day and night started to not feel right.

Familiar existentialist questions like:
 "Who am I?,"  "What have I achieved in life?," and "What else do I wanna do?" 
started to bother me out of nowhere.
I know I've been here back when I was 25.
I thought, I got past through this.
To tell you honestly, I still don’t know the answers up until now.

The thought of reaching 30 years old is scary.
Feeling neither too young nor too old 
isn't just the things you feel uncertain about.
I wouldn't know how it feels to be 30 and married,
but to be 30 and single is like going in to that decade alone.


Either way, we all have to move forward and continue living.

Hi. My name is RC,
34, going on 30.

Join me as I discover and learn 
things and information 
that will guide me 
in this another sartorial journey
from Crazy 20...
to Dirty 30.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...